Canon A40 Drivers for Windows 7 64 bit?

2wheelfan

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
I just built a new computer with Windows 7 64 bit and have learned that my drivers that came with this rather old but faithful camera won't work with my new OS.

Does anybody know if there are drivers out there that will allow the Canon A40 to work with Windows 7 64 bit?

I haven't found anything on the web based upon my search.

Thanks for any advice...beside pick up a new camera...this camera just won't die. :)

2wheelfan

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
Thanks for your response. Yes...connected the camera and it states that drivers unsuccessfully loaded and not found. Not much luck canvassing the web either. Most that have Windows 7 which btw as you know is very good about finding drivers...I presume have moved on with their digital cameras as they have changed a lot in 8 years or so. :) Its a great old 2MP camera with a good lense that just won't die. I have taken thousands of pictures with it. Since I built my new computer and rarely turn on my old Dell XP computer which will load pics from this camera without issue, I now use my girlfriend's Canon SD450...which I got her a few years ago...and drivers are identified and load fine. So my old faithful A40...now resides mostly in the closet. I bet there is somebody out there that has figured out how to get Windows 7 to talk to this old camera...just haven't found a solution.
Believe an alternative would be to use a card reader as you say....haven't gone that route in the past though.
Thanks again.