Main difference between a creative inspire t7900 and a gigaworks s750

arokia

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
guys i've been using a creative inspire t7900 for about 3 years now...............well it sounded like i was in heaven for the first 3 months and then the sound quality slowly deteriorated. After 8 months the subwoofer started losing its tight and deep beets...................and after one and a half years the subwoofer completely lost its power................rather than giving a strong focused beet it was giving a weak beet....................well then too i somehow managed but when i went to my friend place and asked him, he told me that as time goes on the sound will naturally deteriorate!!...............well now after 3 years of using the t7900 my heavenly experience completely into hell..............as the sound had a lot of distortions now...........and the bass effect is so week!!!!

But my friend told me to get the creative gigaworks S750 because it comes with extra features which does not allow the sound to deteriorate. So i've planned on getting one within a week.

but what i still don't understand is that both are 7.1 speakers but the price difference is so high ie it costs Rs 6800 for the T7900 and Rs 33000 for the S750

i dont understand what makes S750 so costly!

can anyone tell me the major differences between the two products

if anyone has any idea about this please do share!!!

System configuration
processor: core 2 quad 2.8ghz
ram: 6GB
Motherbord: p45
graphics card: 4870x2
sound card: X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro Series
Hard disk: 1TB

astrallite

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2005
Breaking in speakers takes about 10 seconds before the spider settles. Performance will change over the course of extended playback, yes, but it will return to an equilibrium fs and Qts in a very short amount of time.

Now there may be a variety of reasons why the T7900s do not sound as well as they used to. The drivers may be blown. Or you may have put them in a different room, different placement, which has effected their performance, causing a frequency null, one note bass, comb filtering, etc. Modern speakers will last for decades and normal use will not deteriorate their performance.

As far as the S750, how much does it cost for you?

arokia

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
Rs 33000 in india.

hey i mainly want to know weather the S750 will also deteriorate in performance especially the subwoofer

and by the way will i need a special UPS(uninterrupted power supply) to safeguard it from any damage....................i'm currently using " ICE 1000" 1KVA

MEgamer

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009

yes its very short for the spider mount to settle, but the main target to loosen is the surrounds along the driver, they take a lot longer for it to loosen, which eventually the excursion will be more fluid, and get more bass response, you will probably find the most differneces in full range drivers.

astrallite

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2005

I think I know what your problem is. Computer speakers typically use paper woofers (with some paint on top). I'm not sure what it's like in your area of India, but paper cones are extremely sensitive to temperature and humidity, which not only changes their performance parameters day to day, but will affect their longevity.

When I said modern speakers, I meant "well designed" speakers, with modern materials like aerogel, aluminum, cobalt, titanium, beryllium drivers, etc. PC speakers are not well designed with very low durability materials, hence they are deteriorating.

Will the S750s eventually deteriorate? If temperature and humidity is a problem, yes.

And $33,000 rupees is about $750, I don't know what the prices are in India for typical speakers, but in the US you can buy some very nice speakers for that price. A set of secondhand S750s probably isn't worth more than $150 here.

arokia

Distinguished
May 15, 2009

--------------------------------------

Well if you say that the S750 is also made with cheap material and that it would deteriorate eventually.......................then which speaker would you recommend which could produce the same heavenly quality that the T7900 produced in PC

Because i need PC speakers with both excellent sound and material(aerogel, aluminum, cobalt, titanium, beryllium).

thanks in advance (by the way i'm a creative and a logitech fan).

MEgamer

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
razer mako.
audera amplifier and audera drivers
JBL creature II ( bass performance wont be as good as the Mako, not as loud either.)
Odyssey+ drivers in satellites, magnun drivers in subwoofer
quality is the dominant here over logitech for both speakers

arokia

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
anyways i really want to get this Creative gigaworks S750....................so can anyone suggest some methods to safeguard the speakers form deterioration in the future.

Swarnendu

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
There are a lot of performance differences between the t7900 and the s750.
Sound quality is way much better than that was seen on t7900, it has high SNR, and
very low distortion. It also features a high performance BASH amplifier, and it is also
powerful, and carries THX certification. Expect heavenly experience and can make your
present home theatre sound like a slouch.

Creative X-Fi Elite Pro is highly recommended with this speaker set, or emu 1820m or
emu 1212m if you can.

Try upgrading your sound card.

Swarnendu

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010

I do not think s750 woofer has a reinforced cardboard cone, may be some
fibre cone or plastic. Its sattelite midrange drivers are made of plastic cone.
Just try to find out more on this.

Swarnendu

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010

If you are talking about ASUS, then still I'd say creative is no slouch, instead the elite pro can give a tad better clarity, both card use high quality
components, like creative uses cirrus logic DACs/ADCs. And EM-Us are out of question being beaten, also the same with Titanium HD.