Solved! Thinking about getting a projector - plz help!!

ballinjoey2332

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2010
I was thinking about getting a projector since it really is cheaper then buying a huge lcd or led. The problem Im facing is that i dont want to be able to hook up the projector to my cable but without having my computer or tv hooked up to it as well. I read in a few forums that there is a converter for that but i havent found any.
If you know any ways to get this to work ... If ANY!!! plz get back to me, the answer will determine if my family will see a projector under the christmas tree this year.

Solution
Well, I don't know of any projectors that have TV tuner capabilities (off the top of my head), but my projector does accept multiple inputs (Composite, S-Video, and 15-Pin DSub). I bought this some time ago and newer projectors will have many of the same inputs as well as Component and HDMI. What inputs and resolution you get is going to depend on your budget and what outputs you have available on your cable box.

The ideal set up would be from your Cable Box to a Home Theater audio system to an HD Projector; all via HDMI. If that's not in the budget, however, you should be able to work something out fairly easily using whatever outputs your cable box has.

-Wolf sends
Well, I don't know of any projectors that have TV tuner capabilities (off the top of my head), but my projector does accept multiple inputs (Composite, S-Video, and 15-Pin DSub). I bought this some time ago and newer projectors will have many of the same inputs as well as Component and HDMI. What inputs and resolution you get is going to depend on your budget and what outputs you have available on your cable box.

The ideal set up would be from your Cable Box to a Home Theater audio system to an HD Projector; all via HDMI. If that's not in the budget, however, you should be able to work something out fairly easily using whatever outputs your cable box has.

-Wolf sends

Solution