This system does not have sound devices for sound devices does not ins

Nihil_67

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
:fou: "This system does not have sound devices for sound devices does not installed properly"
On 3 OS Windows XP Pro the same problem making me crazy.
Before this was Generic host error and the whole comp was without sound.I fixed it. But now on reinstalled WIN XP PRO on all of 3 non-stop after short normal working of sound i got msg "This system does not have sound devices for sound devices does not installed properly".This msg I get on GOM player and non of my video programs does have not sound but WinAmp does have sound.It starts with blinking the icons and browsers on desktop and often changing the appearance kind of classic windows. I installed a couple of tiimes driver Realtek High Definition but it is happening again.

I have OS XP Pro
C2C duo 2.53
ASUS P5QL-Pro
EAH2850 Magic
So is it something wrong in my bios settings about audio what I should try few solution

Please help me to solve this problem because it is the same on 3 OS XP Pro I am using.
Also to say that my front panel is on even I don't use .Only Rare where is MB outputs.
Hope you can help me with this because I have been on many forums and none have an idea about this issue.
Regards
Shon

G

Have you applied the motherboard drivers (download from maker's site) or are you relying on Windows' inbuilt drivers ?

Nihil_67

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
I applied all motherboard's drivers from original MB's CD installation.
(EAH3850 Magic :)
So I even tried to update Realtek high definition sound driver but it says it is the same version as I already have. The strange thing is it is happning to all 3 OS I'm working with and the last one -OS I installed just few days ago.
The settings in bios are:
High definition audio enabled
front panel type HD audio (iven the front panel is not connected only rare panel MB)
SPDIF_OUT MODE SETTING HDMI output
It is interesting that only video program's sound does not work.