Acer aspire one netbook webcam and windows 7

turtl3

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2005
OK, I have a Acer Aspire One - came with the typical XP - but I wanted Windows 7 on it - so I did it... everything works fine... except the Webcam. I have no way of turning it on - according to my device manager it's there and is working, but nothing seems to recognize it...

Acer only has drivers for XP - when you look for Win7 drivers it says that all the drivers are covered in the Win7 driver sets...

any thoughts? anyone know a free program to use the webcam that might work with it?

Thanks
Mike

G

I have an Aspire One that I bought in June, and after some problems with windows XP, I upgraded my OS to Windows 7, and, like you, I lost the use of my web cam. Unfortunately, when I tried your Crystal Eye solution, it isn't recognizing that I have a web cam. It has been a part of my computer since it was originally constructed by the Acer manufacturer, and it seems to be unable to be recognized by windows 7 or this Crystal Eye patch program. Has anyone else had this problem?

josh_lindsey06

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
im having this problem, came with windows 7 starter and upgraded to windows 7 home now it cant detect my webcam??? i tried the above things and it says something like i need to install or get or something but it cant find it. :fou:

G

I have the same problem. I looked on the acer web side and it says aspire one (150) not compatible with win 7 (but works fine under XP).

I find all works well under win 7 except the web cam.

Under devices installed, the web cam is shown as a USB device.

Rather than have the cam do nothing, I installed a program called "Security Monitor Pro" which can read multiple USB cams and act as a security device by recoding video. You can even take snaps.

Downloading the trial version enables you to select your USB cam device and then presto, you get a image from the cam.

To get the full version you will need to cough up about $90.

I did notice an earlier version 2.41 on the internet was popular with people.

Perhaps there are also other software programs that read USB cam devices. Will need to do a search.

Good Luck,

J.Q.C.

G

hey i had a similar problem with you but i think i fixed mine just now. Try the "ManyCam program" i think it's free.

beameup

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
I did the same thing. After some trial and error I downloaded the Crystal eye webCam software for a netbook model that used win7 and it worked.
You have to know which model cam you have. Mine was the Shinyu (or something like that). There was also a Chicony driver.
Haven't had any luck with the mic. Shows it's working in Device manager, but doesn't work with Google video chat.
If I plug in an external, it works, but that defeats the purpose.

Acer Aspire One AOA 150

restinhard

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
Same here when i change my windows be win 7 my webcam can't regonize it as heve webcam, i tried to find another way but i can't change it...
the webcam cannot arrieved on my notebook, i don't know what should i do.. i think it's like a bug or something like that.?
but if i use YM i can be able to do webcam, i just can't running my webcam on softwere normaly.. :pt1cable:

Subrata_089

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
Guyz, i have also same problem. I use acer travelmate notebook. I can't use my built-in webcam with windows 7 directly. But now i hav a solution. Now i can take pictures and create videos with picasa 3. Try it. Its freewere

Subrata_089

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
Guyz, i have also same problem. I use acer travelmate notebook. I can't use my built-in webcam with windows 7 directly. But now i hav a solution. Now i can take pictures and create videos with picasa 3. Try it. Its freewere

Subrata_089

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011

Wayne63

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012
Have an acer aspire one- AOA-150. Installed Win. 7 Home Prem. also and had the same problem as mentioned here.
I installed Crystal Eye Webcam. Got it from C-net. The file is-" cnet2_Camera_Sunyin_App_v2_0_7_1_Driver_v5_8_33
501_XP_zip.exe" You may have a different camera, and info says it's for xp and vista but it worked fine for me, no problems with the mic. either. My camera was upside down but after installing this program I was able to access it
and make adjustments. It installed into C: Windows folder. Just be carefull to uncheck adware stuff if you don't want it
installed with the program. Good Luck!!!

G

Hey Guys

Had the same problem with my Acer aspire one (A0531h) it originally came with XP but i formatted and installed WIN 7 which led to my losing my webcam drivers. Tried everything to no avail. Finally found a solution: go the link attached http://support.acer.com/product/default.aspx?modelId=3630 under applications menu download web application suites. I installed the first link and it worked. :wahoo:

Regards,
Tartz Y

M_M-Walters123

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
I have the same Problem as many of you. My Webcam won't work but my mic will. I have no idea what happened...Every time try to launch The webcam It say I need to insert a specific disk. Can anyone shed some light on the subject?