darknexus

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010
Hey,
I just snagged a deal yesterday on a 46" 120Hz LED TV that I'm using as the monitor for my computer. I had previously been using a 32" 60Hz LCD with a cable purchased from Newegg that is DVI-HDMI. When I bought the new TV, the guy asked me if my current cables were rated for 120Hz, and said that if they weren't, I wouldn't be getting 120Hz out of the TV. While, this kinda made sense, I assumed he might be using the usual trickery to get me to spend another $80-100 on a cable that cost them $5 lol. When I got it home and hooked up, sure enough it was stating only 60Hz. I guess my question is, where can I find a 120+Hz compatible cable? I've scoured Newegg and unless I just missed it, they don't have one. Thanks for any help you guys can provide!

Solution
You might want to first check the settings of your graphics card resolution. I'm betting that it's set to 1080p @ 60Hz. Whether or not you card *can* provide an output of 1080p @ 120Hz, I have no idea.

-Wolf sends

darknexus

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010

I guess I assumed it would be able to. It's an Asus EAH4870x2, if that helps to determine whether or not it can. I'm unable to find any place that states its max output for Hz, just for resolution, which is saying 2560x1600. Here's Asus's page featuring it

http://www.asus.com/Product.aspx?P_ID=e6cpGSCg4rWEtodb

Thanks for the help!