Solved! Gateway P-7915u FX Edition

b0b95

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2009
Is this laptop good. It is very cheap and is inexpensive. What is its battery life and weight and is it good in your opinion?

Solution
I've seen anywhere from 3 to 5 hours depending on settings; 9lbs in the weight department. It seems like a decent laptop spec wise. Where do you plan on buying it from?

Nathan54AB

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
I have an older P-7805u FX with a 9800M GTS and it plays Modern Warfare 2 extremely well. With all settings at their best and resolution at 1440x900, everything is smooth. It gets a little choppy when there's smoke, but still good enough and is improved when "Soften Smoke Edges" is set to "No".

I've never played Crysis, but I'd still think I'd be able to play it pretty well. The graphics in Crysis are more complex than that in MW2, so I probably wouldn't get to play with all the settings maxed out, but I'm positive it would still play pretty good in the mid-high range settings.

And that's just my laptop, the P-7805u FX. The newer P-7915u FX has a slightly better CPU and slightly better graphics card, so those games will perform slightly better on it than on mine. I think it would be an excellent purchase, especially with it's very low price compared to other similar laptops.

Another possibility might be an Asus G71Gx variation.

Yup, the GTX 260M is a good step up from the 9800M GTS. And I agree that the Asus would be a good alternative, though a little more expensive.

Take a look at some benchmarks: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Computer-Games-on-Laptop-Graphic-Cards.13849.0.html

TRENDING THREADS