Comparison between toshiba and compaq

You'll get many different answers to this question, but from my view Toshiba is better in terms of longterm reliability. I've had 3 HP/Compaq laptops and all of which died within a year or so. Currently have a Toshiba and no complaints thus far. I believe there was just a study released on the subject as well.

prelude2250

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
toshiba all the way. stay away from hp/compaq. I work at the "Laptop Shop" repairing laptops all day. I def see more common stupid / bad craftsmanship in the hp's/compaq's. like snapped hinges which break all the plastic stand-offs off the lcd back panel, bad dc-jack's, and faulty gpu's which lead to total system failure. I'd recommend an ASUS laptop over anything. They have the best laptop for the money in my opinion. They've been the number one top reliable laptop for a while now

cabdirashiid

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2009
First of all iam greeting you with islamic greeting peace of allah be upon you,after that my name A/rashed Yousfu Rageh and iam undergraduate student, faculty of information and communication technology.
i believe that HP/compaq laptops is better than Toshiba and even all others, i have now HP/compaq laptops with 3 yrs and still new,also i know some of my friends whose have Toshiba ,but they always complain about it, and they told me that toshiba laptops are poor quality and have more problems.
finally every person has a choice but i recommend to every person who want to buy laptop to avoid toshiba laptops.[/b]