Solved! Notebook for viewing X-ray

rassad

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
Looking for a notebook thta I can use to view X-ray and MRI and daily use. the monitor should be high resolution with high contrast, color not that critical. No gaming. Also good storage size to save the DICOM files .

Thanks for help.

Solution
I've always been a fan of the screens Dell uses, as they seem to be high quality. The XPS 16 with a dedicated graphics card is able to output to 1080p (probably with a full HD RGB-LED LCD screen and a mobile Radeon). Here is a link to the tech specs:

http://www.dell.com/us/en/home/notebooks/laptop-studio-xps-16/pd.aspx?refid=laptop-studio-xps-16&s=dhs&cs=19&~oid=us~en~29~laptop_studio_xps16_anav_1~~

A bit pricey, but probably well worth it for your use.

Toysmith

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2009
Most medical use for laptops goes to Fujitsu Lifebook T5010 or Toshiba Portege, and Panasonic T8 convertible notebook/tablets as they are certified for your EMR software. For a pure tablet, there is the certified Mobile Clinical Assistant (MCA) form factor from Motion Computing (C5 model), and H1 from Panasonic. The Panasonic is an Atom processor, and the Motion is a single or dual core regular processor.

rassad

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
Thanks Toysmith

The display monitor of the notebooks that you mention is not great. The monitor for the notebook should have high resolution like 1920x1200 with high contrast ratio and antiglare or antireflective with great graphic card to view the X-ray in details. and at the same time I will be able to use for daily use. I think the above notebook monitors do not have this type of monitors. I am thinking to buy one of the highend gaming notebook.

Thanks so much for your help

I've always been a fan of the screens Dell uses, as they seem to be high quality. The XPS 16 with a dedicated graphics card is able to output to 1080p (probably with a full HD RGB-LED LCD screen and a mobile Radeon). Here is a link to the tech specs:

http://www.dell.com/us/en/home/notebooks/laptop-studio-xps-16/pd.aspx?refid=laptop-studio-xps-16&s=dhs&cs=19&~oid=us~en~29~laptop_studio_xps16_anav_1~~

A bit pricey, but probably well worth it for your use.

Solution