Solved! Speakers only playing in Dolby Digital?

G

I have 2 different pairs of speakers that for some reason, when they connected to my pc they only play sound that is Dolby Digital. For example during a regular movie, I don't hear the voices but I'll hear some of the sound effects.

I'm rather confident that this is an issue with windows 7 but I can't seem to figure out what setting is causing this.

Any assistance is most appreciated.

Solution
I have 2 different pairs of speakers that for some reason, when they connected to my pc they only play sound that is Dolby Digital. For example during a regular movie, I don't hear the voices but I'll hear some of the sound effects.

I'm rather confident that this is an issue with windows 7 but I can't seem to figure out what setting is causing this.

Your system is set on 5.1 but you only connected front and rear speakers . You need to connect another speaker/speakers set on the yellow or orange jack for Center and Sub.

Check this TRS plug http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Aud_Jack.jpg

If you notice on the photo, there are 3 divided portion of that jack, the one to the tip is most likely...

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006

Your system is set on 5.1 but you only connected front and rear speakers . You need to connect another speaker/speakers set on the yellow or orange jack for Center and Sub.

Check this TRS plug http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Aud_Jack.jpg

If you notice on the photo, there are 3 divided portion of that jack, the one to the tip is most likely the Sub, the middle ring is the center and the bottom is the ground. You'll need to make your own connector if you just want to get regular amplified speaker to connect for center or a real 5.1 speaker system is if needed.

Another option is change you Audio Properties and select Quadraphonic speakers or 4 speakers. this set up will not play 5.1

To do this, right click on the speaker icon located at the bottom right of you task bar the select SOUND, select PLAYBACK then select SPEAKERS then click CONFIGURE where you find configuration of you speakers. Select the configuration you need to use then do the test.

What program you use for playing movies? You may also need to set that up accordingly.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS