Dell Studio 17 w Core i7 and GTA IV

nolasicilian

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2009
Hi everyone, I'm trying to find out some info on a laptop I just purchased. I can't seem to find any reviews for the model I just bought. I just purchased a Dell Studio 17 laptop for myself. I really want to be able to play GTA IV on it. It won't be delivered untill Dec 10th.

The system specs are:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-720QM Quad Core Processor @ 1.6GHz (2.8GHz Turbo Mode, 6MB Cache)
Video Card: 1GB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650
Display: 17.3” HD+ (900p) Bright LED Display with TrueLife™ and Camera
Memory: 4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 at 1066MHz
Hard Drive: 320GB SATA HDD (7200rpm)

The suggested requirements according to Rockstar are:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4GHz MIN: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8GHz
Memory: 2.5GB MIN: 1.5GB
Video card: 512 ATI 3870 MIN: 256 ATI X1900

I only put the ATI on here for graphics since thats what the laptop is coming with. Ive always dealt with nVidia. I don't know a thing about ATI. Also I only put Intel processors since thats what its coming with as well.
I have found reviews on the Studio 17, but they are either from the old models which had the fingerprint option, or for the newer models but don't include the processor and video card I ordered. I have looked up the requirements for programs such as GTA IV, and it says it meets it as far as hard drive space, processor speed, and memory. BUT, those are the requirements. Basically saying it CAN run, not that it will run good. Can anyone tell me if the system is able to run higher end programs and games? Any help is greatly appreciated!