What are high-quality PC desktop speakers under 8"?

G

Boston Acoustics used to make compact 2.1 system with great natural sound, modest price and small satellite speakers. What are such systems today with under 8" speakers?

Solution
kplisch promedia...
m-audio av30-40
razer mako
acoustic energy aego m
creative t3

not sure about the creative t3, cos the sub may be gd, but the satlellites are a bit too small (2")

MEgamer

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
kplisch promedia...
m-audio av30-40
razer mako
acoustic energy aego m
creative t3

not sure about the creative t3, cos the sub may be gd, but the satlellites are a bit too small (2")

Solution
G

kplisch promedia...
m-audio av30-40 those are taller than 8" ,which is the top of the overhang of my desk...I'll check the others...
for now, the creative labs gigaworks T20, without subwoofer, seems pretty good.

ArtL7

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010

I think most of those the total height of the satellites is over eight inches, from base to top....I've got an overhang on my desk. Well-reviewed speakers that don't meet that qualifications include Audio enginge A2 [somethng like that], and create gigaworks T20....when I searched most of those above, speakers were higher....I don't need 2.1 as much as two good speakers whether 2.0 or 2.1.

Thanks,

ArtL7

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
Boston Acoustics used to make compact 2.1 system with great natural sound, modest price and small satellite speakers. What are such systems today with under 8" speakers?
I ended up purchasing the createive T3, but had to send it back because it was shipped from an American branch of creative with only European plugs/wiring...; The T3 was small enough -- 6" -- to accomodate my height needs, and reasonably priced, relatively, under $200 with a sale price. The others suggested were either too big on desktop or too expensive....

I'll let you know how it sounds...

MEgamer

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
since the sattelites are full range drivers, it will have a time producing mid range, so you gonna have ti w8 till your speakers have break-in.

http://www.burninwave.com/ use this website to warm the sound on your speakers.