USB vs 2 jack(analog)?

usparker

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2009
Ive been using 2 prong for many years, loved them. On the newer headsets ive been noticing that the microphone has been an issue. I use to use the plantronics audio 90 and 350, both a 2 prong(analog) headsets, loved them both, good sound good mic. On this new plantronics gamecom 377, the mic just stinks. I have to yell into it just to be heard. Ive been trying to figure out if I will lose the quality sound i love to hear in games (detail of footsteps in FPS games) if I go to USB, and will I expect problems?

Overall, USB vs analog, which is better? Is one better for one, and the other for something else?

Im currently running:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64x edition
Intel i7 860
Intel Desktop Board DP55WG
(No Additional Soundcard)

Solution
then USB may not be for u,

i dont relaly dont knkow the advantage of USB, except taht is digital input, and some software effects taht they throw in,

if u prefer quality, then analog may still be the option.

MEgamer

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
that really really depends, on the actauly headset it self, for the usb.

for the analog, sound card can improve sound quality, but may not for a large margin

it relaly depends, tbf, on how u like the sound to be heard, most USB headsets, support surround sound decoding. but then it dismisses the sound card on rue PC, and uses the onboard chipset in the phones.

u may lose sound quality, if u go for USB or not... we wont know, unless u or we try a direct comparison.

MEgamer

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
then USB may not be for u,

i dont relaly dont knkow the advantage of USB, except taht is digital input, and some software effects taht they throw in,

if u prefer quality, then analog may still be the option.

Solution