mindblower

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
Hello all,

I am looking for a headset that is Xbox 360 compatible.

My budget is 100 euro.

What I found are the following headsets:

Turtle Beach X-31
Plantronics Gamecom 777
Razer Barracuda
Creative digital wireless HS-1200

Sennheiser PC 350
Sennheiser PC-161
Sennheiser PC 166 usb
Steelseries steelsound 5H v2 usb
Steelseries Siberia

I dont have alot of knowledge about headsets, so my question is:

Will these headsets be xbox 360 compatible ? and which one is the best choice ?

I play mostly Modern Warfare 2, so positional audio and being able to hear enemies from far away is most important.

The usb headsets should work on Xbox 360, and the 3.5mm plug headsets can be converted to usb with a 3.5mm to usb adapter, but if this works a really dont know.

edit : just found out that the Logitech G35 can not be used with Xbox 360

mindblower

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
My list of headsets that I like is a little shorter now:

Sennheiser PC 350 game
Sennheiser PC 166 USB
Steelseries Steelsound 5H v2 usb
Steelseries Steelsound 5H v2

Turtle Beach Ear Force X31
Plantronics Gamecom 777

Can anyone tell me which headset is not compatible with a Xbox 360 ? cause of drivers that needs to be installed on the pc or something)

I know the G35 has got drivers, but I think these are for the buttons on the headset only.

For the headsets without usb, I have found a adapter that makes these headsets compatible with the Xbox 360, if this works on all headsets I dont know.

If anyone knows which headset in my list is an absolute best, I like to hear it.

If you know a headset that is better, but is not in my list, I also like to hear it.

My budget lays around 100 euro.
The most important thing of a headset is the quality of audio and positional audio (because I play first person shooters)

edit : just found out that the Logitech G35 can not be used with Xbox 360

mindblower

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
The list of headsets that I am intererested in is shortened to 3 types.

Sennheiser pc 350
Steelseries Steelsound 5H v2 usb
Turtle Beach X41 (I have found one of these for a good price)

The Turtle Beach X41 is in a higher priceclass, but does this means it is better than the other two headsets ?

The Steelsound is really old, it was released in the year 2006. Back then this headsets was very good, but now 3 years later, is it still compared to the other two headsets ? Because this is a pc-headset, the quality may go down when not connected to a soundcard, but to a Xbox 360.

The Sennheiser is a Sennheiser. The audio quality should be the best of the three headsets, but there are reliable sites that say the audio quality is poor, when you expect a "Sennheiser". There are also reliable sites that say the quality is very good. Because this is a pc-headset, the quality may go down when not connected to a soundcard, but to a Xbox 360.

I really can not say which of these three headsets is the best choice, can anyone help me ?

The headset will be used with a Xbox 360

gamerk316

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
Any headset for the 360 should use the optical output, period. Very few USB headphones I know of bothered with drivers for the 360, so optical is by far the safest method.

I know the Tritton series of headsets (AX 360, AX Pro) work fine for the 360...