Solved! Duplicate Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS 910GML Express Chipset Family

wrwilder

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
I have somehow wound up with duplicate Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family display drivers. Is there a simple way to get rid of the duplicate? I've tried disabling one of the drivers but then the other reports problems. I'm running Windows 7 on a Lenovo Thinkpad T43.

Thanks,

Solution
The Mobile Intel® 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express Chipset Family has dedicated multimedia engines (Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 900) that execute in parallel to deliver high performance 3D, 2D, and video capabilities. These two engines operating in parallel are seen in Device Manager as two instances of "Intel(R) Mobile Intel® 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express Chipset Family." If you double-click on each, you see the first one is identified as "PCI bus 0, device 2, function 0" and the second one identified as "PCI bus 0, device 2, function 1."

Keki

Distinguished
May 4, 2010
The Mobile Intel® 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express Chipset Family has dedicated multimedia engines (Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 900) that execute in parallel to deliver high performance 3D, 2D, and video capabilities. These two engines operating in parallel are seen in Device Manager as two instances of "Intel(R) Mobile Intel® 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express Chipset Family." If you double-click on each, you see the first one is identified as "PCI bus 0, device 2, function 0" and the second one identified as "PCI bus 0, device 2, function 1."

Solution