Solved! Issue with new LG tv

G

Hey Guys,

I've just bought a LG tv (Model number: 42LE5900). I live in england with virgin media V+ HD Box and are connecting to my tv using a HDMI lead. The issue i have is when you press the "ok" button on it seems to say that it is only 50hz. I know that the tv goes to 100Hz, is there any way of changing this????

Thanks

Solution
There is a difference between the panel draw rate and the sync rate for your HD box. The vertical frequency for video devices in your neck of the woods is 50Hz. Hitting OK displays the sync information.

The 100Hz you see in the documentation refers to the panel draw rate, which is constant when switched on, and has no bearing on you video sources.

mrtired

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
There is a difference between the panel draw rate and the sync rate for your HD box. The vertical frequency for video devices in your neck of the woods is 50Hz. Hitting OK displays the sync information.

The 100Hz you see in the documentation refers to the panel draw rate, which is constant when switched on, and has no bearing on you video sources.

Solution