Laptop with OUTSIDE POWER BUTTON

elgranchuchu

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
HI THERE!

the reason of this is because i want to replace my desktop tower with a laptop.

¿why i want the outside power button?
because i'll use my 22" samsumg screen, my keyboard, my mouse, and i don't want to open the laptop everytime i power on it; i just want to have it like a tower.

¿why you don't buy a tower instead a laptop?
because i travel a lot, and i want to carry my laptop.

¿which range of price?
less than 1000

other specs:
a dedicated video card and a good processor(no atom or other low-performing processors), I WANT TO PLAY CRYSISSSSS ON HIGH SETTINGS :na:

i'll give you an example of wich hardware i want: this laptop is almost perfect but it don't have the outside power button:

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834115592

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!

Solution
No notebook under $1000 will play Crysis on high.

I have never seen or heard of a notebook with an outside power button. There's a good reason for it - they're portable. Imagine your notebook powering itself on inside your backpack.

The notebook you linked will struggle with playing Crysis, even on low.

I don't know what to do about your power button situation. You can make your own external power button, if you want.

frozenlead

Distinguished
No notebook under $1000 will play Crysis on high.

I have never seen or heard of a notebook with an outside power button. There's a good reason for it - they're portable. Imagine your notebook powering itself on inside your backpack.

The notebook you linked will struggle with playing Crysis, even on low.

I don't know what to do about your power button situation. You can make your own external power button, if you want.

Solution

frozenlead

Distinguished
A button is just a momentary switch. If you can find a small one from somewhere, and then get lucky with your notebook's design and find a place to install it, then you should be able to just wire it to the back of the actual switch that comes with the notebook.