Xbox360+HDMI+Monitor w/ onboard speakers

sensesfail47

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009
my question is, i just bought some computer speakers, and am wondering, how i would be able to use these for my xbox, because I have sound on my monitor, and the hdmi cable is bringing the sound as well.

Is there anyway I could possibly use these speakers for the sound, and somehow disabling the sound on the monitor?

and the speakers are the green/pink connectors, not usb.

Thanks!

Jayfar

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
You could connect the HDMI cable to the Monitor as you are now for the Video.

For getting the sound to your Computer Speakers, the only thing I did in the past was use the additional cable that came with the XBox360 HDMI Kit called the Optical/RCA Audio adapter (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360hdmiavcable/). The purpose of this adapter is for connecting your audio to a different source rather than to your monitor if you are using HDMI.

You could then use either an Optical Cable (if your Sound Card supports Optical In) or regular Stereo RCA cables to go from the Audio Adapter to your PC Sound Card's Line In Jack. You will likely need a RCA to 3.5mm Audio Adapter or RCA to 3.5mm Audio Cable to do this.

After the Xbox 360 is connected to the PC, you could connect your Computer Speakers to the Line Out connection on your sound card. You might need to check the Volume settings for the Line Out on your PC to make sure you'll hear sound.

I'm sure others will have better solutions, but this was the only method I could think of at the moment that could work. Hopefully this gave you some ideas to build on.

sensesfail47

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009

thank you very much Jayfar, I will be sure to look into this.