Polaroid TLX-04244B

nickl89

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
Hello,

Well, the worst case scenario happened... My house was hit by lightning. I have a 42" polaroid TLX-04244B that will not turn on. Red indicator will turn blue and flash until you unplug the TV. Nothing happens with the screen or sound. I initially thought it was the power board and I just replaced that today....but still the same issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

nickl89

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
I got the main board replaced now. The TV powers on now, but now it gives me this werid color static that covers the entire screen. I've gone over the connections 3 times....does this mean the new board is bad?

Edit: There's one more board that I can get to easily that I found. Its part number is T420HW01 v2 control board. Could this board cause the issue?

72879459.jpg

mrtired

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
You most likely have the right board, but it needs to be configured. Manufacturers use a variety of panels across their product lines, and the mainboards have to be keyed to the config codes.
I will have to do some checking to find out how to get into service mode, as I don't have the service manual in front of me.