Need to Boost Volume..?!

alex3003

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
I am having Realtek on-board sounds v6.0.1.5672 that come with Intel DX58SO motherboard and "m using Windows 7 Ultimate. The problem I'm Having is that my system volume is too low (Though All the sliders i can find with label "volume" is Up. I can guarantee it.) Is there any software that I can use to Boost up my System volume? Please help.

Solution

64db? You do realize that the actual SPL will be entirely speaker dependent, right?

elgranchuchu

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
hey you can do some things,
you can install the sound blaster daniel's drivers for realtek and boost the volume.
or
install the srs audio sandbox to boost up your volume.

or maybe you only have to level up the volume, no in the speaker that appear in the taskbar but in the playback devices configuration - speakers - levels, features...

cjl

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008

64db? You do realize that the actual SPL will be entirely speaker dependent, right?

Solution
G

I have RealTek HD ALC662 on my mobo and it is just my opinion they supply a low quality software driver. I originally tried (non amped) PC speakers. Everything maxed sounds like people whispering. So for the last year, I ran the line up to my stereo AUX and boosted the volume through the stereo.

Without resorting to external amps, alternate sound cards and other cheats. Your only hope is to run a sound manager in the background, with a graphic eq. cranked. Even then you are still going to be very soft volume.

Until someone kicks the programmers in the butt at RealTek to create a better driver, your solutions are very limited on this one. I haven't found any 3rd party help with this either and like I said, the better part of a year.

alex3003

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
Guys, here is the best solution, comes with so much more options!
Equalizer APO is a equalizer that works at system level. volume boost is just a one option of it. come with a great guide/tutorial too. works perfectly for me. give it a try. above all, its totally free.

download:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/

tutorial:
http://sourceforge.net/p/equalizerapo/wiki/Documentation/#configuration-tutorial

enjoy! :D