Solved! Samsung hdtv 1080i troubleshooting

spletcher

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
Hello,
my samsung hdtv 1080i is completely dead. will not turn on, no lights come on or blink. I have checked the power at the outlet but nothing works. I don't see a reset switch. any suggestions?

Solution
Take a look at the power supply if you're brave enough to pull the cover off. Could be something as simple as a line fuse popped by a power surge. (A failing power supply or a panel developing a short can pop the glass fuse as well, so be careful how much you celebrate.)There's a huge run of the LCDs that have between 2 and 5 capacitors that bulge out.

Troubleshooting a bad plasma is a real bear. A scary high voltage bear of danger. Only go inside the cabinet if you're sure you know what you're doing.

mrtired

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
Take a look at the power supply if you're brave enough to pull the cover off. Could be something as simple as a line fuse popped by a power surge. (A failing power supply or a panel developing a short can pop the glass fuse as well, so be careful how much you celebrate.)There's a huge run of the LCDs that have between 2 and 5 capacitors that bulge out.

Troubleshooting a bad plasma is a real bear. A scary high voltage bear of danger. Only go inside the cabinet if you're sure you know what you're doing.

Solution