CAN MY NTSC TVs BE USED WITH CABLE OR SATELLITE IN IRELAND

reneelatti

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010
Hello,

i AM MOVIN TO IRELAND AND I WANT TO TAKE MY TELEVISIONS WHICH ARE ALL NTSC SYSTEM. AS MOST WILL KNOW IRELAND AND MOST OF EUROPE USE THE PAL SYSTEM. I HAVE CONTACTED A CABLE COMPANY AND A SATELLITE PROVIDER IN IRELAND AND BOTH HAVE TOLD ME THAT IF MY TELEVISION HAS HDMI INPUT OUTPUT CONNECTOR PORTS THEN I SHOULD BE FINE. THEY HAVE SAID THAT THE ONLY WAY MY TELEVISION WILL NOT WORK IS IF I AM NOT GETTING CABLE OR SATELLITE SERVICE AND WILL BE JUST WATCHING LOCAL/NATIONAL TV WHICH IS STREAMED OVER A PAL TUNING SYSTEM. I NEED A TECHNICAL MINDED INDIVIDUAL TO TELL ME IF THIS IS TRUE AS I HAVE 3 TELEVISIONS I WANT TO TAKE WITH ME: 55" TOSHIBA MODEL 55ZV650U, 32" SONY BRAVIA MODEL KDL-32S3000 AND A 52" SHARP MODEL LC-C5255U. ALL HAVE HDMI AND HDTV OUTPUT PORTS.

reneelatti

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010
I JUST FOUND SOMETHING INTERESTING. Atlona CDM-660 is a Pal to NTSC and or NTSC to Pal Digital converter.
I hope this helped someone. I have not tried it yet but will be ordering one to see if it will works when i am fully settled. If anyone has tried this product and it did not work please let me know.

The website says:

You can take your NTSC American TV, VCR/DVD overseas or bring your PAL or SECAM TV VCR/DVD to the USA. Using the high quality conversion quality of the Atlona CDM-660 to convert TV signals you can use any PAL or NTSC TV to view any type of broadcast signal in the world.

No video delay. Real Time video Conversion

Use your PAL/SECAM equipment in a NTSC country and NTSC equipment in a PAL country

Very easy to use, one time set-up no addition action needed

Uses a standard AV or S-Video connection to convert any input signal to any specified output source

Recording in permitted from any of the outputs. You can take advantage of making copies out of devices which are plugged in. Most of the DVD movies and VHS tapes

Crisp and clear converted video. Latest video correction technology. You will even get better results on your video by using the CDM-660

Dimensions: 9.3"(W) x 5"(D) x 1.8"(H)

System condition memory. Converter remembers settings and returns to same input and output settings when turned back on

LED Lamp shows current input and output video signal

Detects input manually between: All Pal, All SECAM, All NTSC systems

Universal power adapter, which will work in any country in the world; comes with European power adapter

Built-in Colour Bar

6mb field memory

Input Signal: NTSC, N4, PAL, PAL M, PAL N, Secam

Output Signal: NTSC 3.58, PAL

Sampling Frequency: Y: 13.5 MHz; R-Y: 6.75 MHz; B-Y: 6.75 MHz

Digital Code Bit: R G B: 8bits

Line: 525 = 625

Field: 60 = 50

Memory: 6 mb

DC: 9V 500mA

Dimensions: (9.21" in.) W x (1.65" in.) H x (5" in.) D