Headset not working right side.

Arigo

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
Recently i have purchased the Tritton AX51 Pro gaming headset. It has met all my needs, comfortable, and everything. After about a month, (a few days ago) I noticed that there was no sound coming from the right side. I have figured it is a problem with the wire leading into the headset. I think its not touching or conducting, or whatever the word is, on the inside because when i wiggle the wire around, and push it up more i can sometimes hear sound from the right side. How can i fix this? Is there any simple fix? Do i need to return this and get a new one?

Thanks for the help.

G

It's a recent purchase, return it to the shop for a replacement.

They may claim you strained the wire -- make it clear you didn't and that anyway under usual "saleable-quality" standards a home headset should be built to withstand the normal hazards of domestic use.

If no joy or they insist on repairing it (which may take an age) find a friend who knows how to disassemble things and can use a soldering iron -- the failure is probably where the drive unit in the earpiece connects to the cable.

gamerk316

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
^^ Analog, USB, or Digital version of the headset? If analog, you probably strained a wire somewhere, and if its the digital version, you probably bent one of the pins the headset connects to the decoder module with.