Solved! Damaged LCD screen

Nexus21

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2008
Earlier today a small metal projectile flew through the air and struck the screen of my 32" LCD flatscreen television, creating a nick in the screen that leaves a noticeable white dot that can be seen even from across the room. The damage is not severe but is extremely obnoxious. Everything else about the picture and quality on the screen is normal, so nothing else was affected by the damage. I'm not familiar with the make up of LCD televisions, but if I had to describe it in some way it's as if some kind of outer layer of film covering the screen was torn, exposing a source of white light beneath it.

What I would like to know is if there is anything I can do to repair this damage so that I can restore my screen back to normal and rid my television of this white dot. At this point my only options are to: A. Live with it, B. Buy a new television, or C. Pay obscene amounts of money to have a "technician" tell me it can't be fixed so that I'm left with options A and B.

There is an outer layer of plastic that can be removed and replaced. Dis-assembly required. I personally would invest in a piece of non-glare polycarbonate, cut to size. But the manufacturer will also sell the original replacement part.