Solved! Connecting pc to hdtv using hdmi

jmsred

Distinguished
May 26, 2010
I connect my computer to the input hdmi port on my samsung slim fit and receive a picture. However the connection never updates like it was stuck on frame1. I have changed res settings and refresh rates but still have same problem. Computer is a acer 5000 with 4 gb of mem and win7...tv is a samsung trx3079wh slim fit. Suggestions?

Jim

Solution

Get a hold of a DVD player with HDMI output (borrow from neighbors) and try it again. You should be able to tell if its a defect in the TV input or a defect in the computer HDMI output. Try to narrow it down. One or the other might be defective.
There are firmware updates for those TVs, and there are driver updates for the computer. Once you know which end the problem is on, you can pursue the...

Get a hold of a DVD player with HDMI output (borrow from neighbors) and try it again. You should be able to tell if its a defect in the TV input or a defect in the computer HDMI output. Try to narrow it down. One or the other might be defective.
There are firmware updates for those TVs, and there are driver updates for the computer. Once you know which end the problem is on, you can pursue the solution.
Also you need to consider: how long is the HDMI cable? Does the same problem happen with a very short cable? There is a thing called an HDMI repeater, for long cables, and you might need one.

Solution