Network cable connected to HDTV. Then what?

G

What do I do with this connection? I have an internet cable going from my router into the back of the TV. The TV self test said it was working correctly. But what do I do with it? How do I (or do I) access this signal? TV is a Samsung 640

casey_souder

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
What do I do with this connection? I have an internet cable going from my router into the back of the TV. The TV self test said it was working correctly. But what do I do with it? How do I (or do I) access this signal? TV is a Samsung 640

Can you please give the complete model number of the TV? Example - LN40C650

I need this to figure out tv type (LCD, LED, or Plasma), Model Year, and Model Series.

Also, there is no 640-series Samsung. In there LCD models they have 650, 630, or 610. For Plasmas they have a 6400, and for LEDs they have 6300, 6500, 6800.

Thanks,
Casey

G

Casey,

thanks for the reply. You are correct, it's not a 640--it's the model 630 (I knew it was the model right below the 650). Anyway I think I figured it out. Seems like it just allows the TV to display weather, stocks, news clips, etc. Finally in the TV menu I found a way to activate the feature.