G

Hello,

So, my mom did'nt write down her WEP when she got internet. Now I need it to connect a PS3 to the wireless internet. How do I find the WEP? Please I need help!

Hello,

So, my mom did'nt write down her WEP when she got internet. Now I need it to connect a PS3 to the wireless internet. How do I find the WEP? Please I need help!

Installers will often enter secret passwords into your system, to prevent you from working on it. Without the password there is no way for you to enter it. And there is no way for you to find it.
Call the installation company and demand your pass codes. In the future, don't let any installer enter secret pass codes. They want you to be helpless, and they want you to pay every time.

G

Rather than get into concerns about conspiracies by evil installers, let's suggest you first consult your mum's computer's wireless setup screens and see if you can find the passphrase she's using.

Failing that you might download the manual for the router from the maker's support site or consult the documentation that came with the router. These should contain the default IP address and User Name and Password for logging into the router's user setup screens.

Connect the computer to the router by an ethernet cable (one is usually included with the router). Once in, go to the wireless security section and review or renew the wireless security type and passphrase.

Apply that info to the wireless section of the PS3