CONVERGENCE BLUES ! REDS TOO !

squalebear

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
Hello,
Yesterday, "Out Of The Blue" (pardon the pun) my KP-61HS30 lost its ability to converge Blues and Reds. The Flash Focus componant does not fix the convergence problem. Looks like 3D without the Glasses. *NOTE-Upon start-up, the picture started to look pink until she warmed up. Can I get some advice and info. I wanted to Manually adjust the Convergence settings, but the model won't allow it. I have a Sony KP-61HS30 built in August of 2002

When something goes wrong with the power supply, convergence will be lost. The board will be serviced or replaced. Danger high voltage, don't try to repair this yourself. :non:
The convergence controls are on the inside, on the circuit board. Technician should adjust it, not you.

mrtired

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
It is possible your convergence IC's have failed. Flash focus will crash when the chips are bad. Normally on your set it would pop a couple of fuses on the power supply board upon failure, but not always. It's about a $240-$300 repair depending on your servicer's labor rate. If you are truly unlucky, and in rare cases, your convergence generator will conk out, but that is soooo rare.

First thought, best thought. No convergence + flash focus fail = replace the IC's.

As stated above, call for service. No user-workable parts inside. And service menu for that model stainks.

You have to decide if it's worth putting money into, or just buying a new one. Even after it's fixed, will something else go wrong?
Sony has the best picture quality, but it's more expensive to maintain. I would rather have a Sony, but $$$ limits that choice.

OSM

Honorable
May 15, 2012

.Greetings I have that same problem with my TV Sony KP-61hs30 made ​​in July 2002, never gave me problems until 2012, is slightly red image but when I'm in the menu display that part looks good, will be also the convergence IC's or something else if I can help, Thank you forgive the translated'm from Puerto Rico