Hp pavilion dv8000 hard drive NOT READ

G

My Hp Pavilion dv8000 crashed with a couple of unusual clicks followed by a blue screen today while organizing photo files. The computer reboot can't read the hard drive. I need serious help -- Fry's Tech couldn't!

dreamoutlaw

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
Well, it's 1:46am, and I am trying to resurrect my hard drive in my HP dv9843cl notebook computer. A little more than a week ago, I heard an ominous sound that I recognized from many previous customer repairs...the 'click...click...click' of a hard drive seek failure. No warning. The computer was frozen. No key or pointing devices worked. When I tried to reboot, I was not surprised to see a blue screen pop up with a warning, (something like...), "Windows protection...must shut down, etc." Then, an infinite boot loop, failing each time with the same blue screen, and the same error message.

Hard to say whether it is a memory resident boot sector virus, or a failed hard drive controller. I installed a new Seagate Momentus 500Gb SATA 2.5 drive. WinXP gets all the way through an install and tries to reboot from the hard drive. But, when the system reboots, I get the same problem. So, it must be a virus or a hardware failure in the computer.

I have no answers as of yet, so good luck with your problem!