Sound card for high end gaming computer?

michaelpot

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2009
I need help choosing a sound card that will work with my computer setup. I want to buy a Creative X-Fi Sound card with EAX Sound, but I heard that it doesn't work with high end gaming computers, and I am not entirely sure it will fit on my motherboard. Money is not an issue for the soundcard, so any suggestions?

My Set Up:

Xclio 1000 Case
Corsair 6GB DDR3 2000 Dominator GT RAM
Corsair HX-1000 PSU
EVGA X58 4-way SLI Motherboard
Nocua NH-UP12 Special Edition 1366 CPU Cooler
Intel i7 920 CPU
2 x EVGA Nvidia Geforce GTX285 2GB
Logitech Z5500D Audio System

Solution
Don't buy Creative; the majority of their products stink. If you must get EAX support, buy from Auzentech (Prelude/Forte) instead.

Likewise, if you're more concerned with sound quality over perfect EAX support, ASUS (DX/D2X/Essence STX) would be the way to go.

gamerk316

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
Don't buy Creative; the majority of their products stink. If you must get EAX support, buy from Auzentech (Prelude/Forte) instead.

Likewise, if you're more concerned with sound quality over perfect EAX support, ASUS (DX/D2X/Essence STX) would be the way to go.

Solution

Lawson Pugh

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013
Get the Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus 7.1 PCI-E Soundcard, it is an absolute beast of a sound card! Just look at the reviews and you'll see. It is around £150 and worth very last penny!