Front Right Speaker Not Working !!

krazypoe

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2009
Hi all

Like the title says, i'm having problems with my front right speaker. It doesn't work..

The sound system worked fine up until I used it on this rig.

**I have Vista Ultimate 64x OEM.

**It is a Creative Gigaworks G550 Wireless.

**I have a ASUS Rampage Formula Motherboard with a SoundFX card that is a SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio drivers.

I have installed the latest drivers, along with uninstalling them then REinstalling them.

I have switched the speaker to the connection of another speaker and its working. So the speaker isn't dead.

I switched the wire that was going to the subwoofer and the front right speaker to another output on the subwoofer and its working. So the wire isn't faulty.

I don't believe the speakers are broken because I have had my motherboard and graphics card quit on me in the past 2 weeks. I am reluctant to believe now my speakers are broken too.

If anyone knows what approach I should take to maybe troubleshoot this, that would be great!

zeta333

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
Iv had this same problem with vista, ever since i installed vista my front right speaker wont work, and my front left speaker will have the sound coming out the loudest while the two rear ones are very soft. I cant use vent becuase its just not coming through at all and songs im missing like half of them due to sound coming out of a speaker that vista is using. Everything works fine when i plug my headphone in. And it isnt the hardware cus iv swaped in another sound card and it did the same thing.