Samsung dlp lens help

bkelley78

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2010
Hello,i need a little info on how to get the picture to move up on the physical screen, the the picture coming out of the optic lens is also showing the top missing. I had to replace the whole assembly so now i have the 2 1/2" black bar on top of the screen. thanx for any help you can provide. Model , Samsung HLS4266wx/xaa

Solution
Do not fiddle with the lens. Your DMD board has skated out of position.

Tape down your door switch so you can work with the back off. Move the DMD fan aside. Make sure this engine is spotless: any loose dirt can drop inside the DMD mirror surface if you're not careful.

Start the set, and have a friend watch it. Loosen the spring-tensioned screws on the DMD module a half-turn or so, do not run them out more than a turn. Very very very gently push your DMD board down vertically and measure the effect on alignment. If you need to go the other way, so be it. Displaying a channel guide can help with the fine alignment. When done, snug the screws back down. Again, over-doing it will destroy the thread inserts, which are already...

mrtired

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
Do not fiddle with the lens. Your DMD board has skated out of position.

Tape down your door switch so you can work with the back off. Move the DMD fan aside. Make sure this engine is spotless: any loose dirt can drop inside the DMD mirror surface if you're not careful.

Start the set, and have a friend watch it. Loosen the spring-tensioned screws on the DMD module a half-turn or so, do not run them out more than a turn. Very very very gently push your DMD board down vertically and measure the effect on alignment. If you need to go the other way, so be it. Displaying a channel guide can help with the fine alignment. When done, snug the screws back down. Again, over-doing it will destroy the thread inserts, which are already weak.

Takes a lot of patience. Not all engines are hot-tested before they're shipped out, and the parts house may have missed the alignment issue. Or it got pranged in the box.

Solution

bkelley78

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2010
Your a life saver, I got it into place perfect, TY TY TY!!! Was quite easy to fine tune, oh and also if a HD channel is avail. you can really fine tune the picture.
Was getting ready to send part back to RMA it....lol Thanx very much!

cali-guy

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013
This suggestion did not work for me, but it did give me a starting point, so thank you. We had to replace the DMD chip (white dot issue) and Samsung said our model was not covered. After replacing the chip, our alignment was off, so we googled your site. We followed the response from mrtired citing to tweak the spring-tension screws, but this did not help our situation. After trying this, we tweaked the 3 gold screws and was able to get the picture aligned.

So, I would suugest you try mrtired's suggestion, and if that does not work, then try and loosen the 3 gold scews (in a triangle pattern on the same bracket) and physically adjust the DMD board,

Good luck!

TRENDING THREADS