Problems with HD cable box

RSKadish

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
Hi all,

I recently got a high-def cable DVR from Time Warner Cable and several times now I've turned it on to find the video corrupt, the audio absent and the controls locked. The only way to get it back to normal operation has been to reboot it.

Time Warner has of course been no help ("let me check... oh! look! There was an outage in your area! It ended five hours ago and it's the cause of your problem!")

After some experimentation I've begun to suspect that this only happens if I turn off my equipment in the wrong order. The cable box is connected to the A/V receiver via and HDMI cable, and the A/V receiver is connected to the TV the same way.

This is my first experience with HDMI cables. Can anyone tell me if there is a proper order in which I should be turning the equipment on and off?

Thanks,
- Steve

RSKadish

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009

Hi,

Thanks for the response! However, I have to tell you that since I've been making sure that I don't turn off my A/V receiver before I turn off the DVR, I haven't had this issue. I can actually reproduce the issue by turning off the A/V receiver first.

Very strange!

Thanks,
- Steve

TRENDING THREADS