Solved! How to distinguish plasma from lcd

Solution

Hmm, that's true as well, although the fans on my Pioneer are so quiet I have to stand next to the TV in a quiet room to hear them. And I used to have a Sharp Aquos LCD that also had fans - they were comparitively much noisier than the ones on the Pioneer.

Another 'feature' of my plasma is that if you hold your hand up close to the screen, you can feel the heat radiating off it, seeing as how it uses nearly double the juice that my Sony LCD TV's use. Comes in handy during the cold winter days :p..

But then the cinema picture on my Pioneer just puts the Sony's to shame, so to me the extra juice, weight, etc is worth it..

fazers_on_stun

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2006
^ Of course, if it's wall-mounted, he's gonna have to take it off the wall either way :)..

Whenever I buy a new TV or expensive electronic gear, I use my digital camera & take a picture of the manufacturer's label, mainly for insurance purposes. But it has come in handy with a wall-mounted plasma & a wall-mounted LCD, with downloading firmware updates, etc.

fazers_on_stun

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2006

Hmm, that's true as well, although the fans on my Pioneer are so quiet I have to stand next to the TV in a quiet room to hear them. And I used to have a Sharp Aquos LCD that also had fans - they were comparitively much noisier than the ones on the Pioneer.

Another 'feature' of my plasma is that if you hold your hand up close to the screen, you can feel the heat radiating off it, seeing as how it uses nearly double the juice that my Sony LCD TV's use. Comes in handy during the cold winter days :p..

But then the cinema picture on my Pioneer just puts the Sony's to shame, so to me the extra juice, weight, etc is worth it..

Solution