XFI soundblaster game mode no bass?

jjjapan

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
Hello,
I'm having a problem with getting my sub/bass working using Creative XFI console in game mode. When I click on the speaker set up in which you can see if your speakers are set up properly all the speakers work except the subwoofer. The sub used to rumble when I clicked on the icon and now it doesn't. There is no bass at all when I play games or music anymore. To solve this I thought I'd switch over to entertainment mode [which the sub has never worked in and I don't think it's meant to] and when I click on the subwoofer icon in the speaker set up it now rumbles? However music and games have no bass in this mode.

I have just made a clean install of the newest drivers and its still doing the same thing. I know the sub works because it rumbles in entertainment mode which it used to do in game mode. Any ideas of what could be going on? Everything is installed, plugged in and set up correctly. The only thing in the system I have changed recently is a windows update.

Thanks for your time

Jessica :(

wizzzzard

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2008
I had the same problem with the danielK drivers, i had to click default on the THX control panel and it enabled the sub channel again in game mode.

If you don't have the THX console try the default on the game mode panel

WIZz