Toshiba A205 s4777 wont power on

ccalxr

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
Ok, I have a toshiba A205 that will not power on. While plugged into the A/C adapter the A/C light comes on so it recognizes that the a/c is plugged in. The battery light also comes on so it recognizes the a/c charging the battery. When I press the power button nothing happens at all. I've tried removing the CMOS battery and re-attaching it. Nothing. My guess is the motherboard is fried but I thought someone on here might have had a similar experience or could give me some advice. Thanks

astrokan

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2010
I have similar problem...but when I disconnect power supply with just the battery and I press the power button the led just blink 6 times and nothing happen, no power at all. Then I connect the power supply (both leds AC and batt are on) with battery installed, press the power button, so the welcome screen (Toshiba..leading innovation bla bla) and shut down automatically.
I tried pressing f12 or f2 and sometimes it shows the boot screen or the cmos setup but it is just for 1 or 2 seconds and again shut down automatically whitout possibilities to change anything.

G

same here sent for repair they opened it up resoldered the dc jack to motherboard looked ok but trird it any way still no change...some on web claim bad power adapter but we changed that out too....no help

astrokan

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2010
same here sent for repair they opened it up resoldered the dc jack to motherboard looked ok but trird it any way still no change...some on web claim bad power adapter but we changed that out too....no help

I sent the laptop to the Toshiba's official service and they said that I need to change the whole motherboard which means...better buy a new laptop, cuz there's no guarantee

astrokan

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2010
possibly causes for this problem (at least in my case) I didn't turn off the laptop for 2 or 3 days, sometimes I just closed it and go on hibernation mode with a lot of software running, and sometimes I use it inmy bed with no air ventilation at bottom and the obvious overheat that u can feel in the keyboard....well...I learn the lesson...so don't do anything of what I did!lol

drummerjosh

Distinguished
May 1, 2011

I have the same exact problem. Most of the threads I have read say that the lights come on and the fan starts but in my case nothing happens. Do you think it is fried?
I know a couple of days ago it was exposed to some moisture but it worked 2 days after that. Now 4 days from the exposure to moisture....it wont turn on.