Need help finding a good laptop to deploy with

theblc84

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
I am looking for a laptop I can take with me on deployments and such. I will be doing alot of online schooling and a little bit of gaming on it(WOW and Aion mostly) doesnt have to be for Max settings but decent settings.
1_What is your budget? I would like to keep it around $1000 might be willing to go up to $1200

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?15-17

3_What screen resolution do you want?I would like to get a 1080p screen bc I will be watching movies alot on it too and most likely playing my xbox on it

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?I would like for it to be fairly portable

5_How much battery life do you need?doesnt matter will probably be plugged in most of the time

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?WOW Aion with medium to high settings doesnt have to be max

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? Watching movies, I want to be able to plug my xbox in to play on the screen if its a 1080p screen would like a hdmi port

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need? doesnt matter I'm getting a 1.5 TB external

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them. Doesnt matter what site I have been looking for coupon codes for different laptops

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop? I'm hoping to be able to use it for a couple of years

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?Bluray would be great with a 1080p

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I'm not real stuck on a brand. which ever is cheap and still a good laptop

13_What country do you live in? I am from the USA

strangestranger

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
One thing to note is laptops usually come with video out connections, not in so don't know where you will find one which can use an xbox with.

With an xbox 720P would be find anyway, more native to the games I would have thought.

Also, bluray players can be expensive so perhaps just a dvd burner and a sub 1080P screen would be better.