Solved! Ultraportable gaming laptop 14 inches or under

n4rumi4

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2009
1_What is your budget?
$0-$1300
2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
14" or under
3_What screen resolution do you want?
higher the better :)
4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
portable
5_How much battery life do you need?
above 2 hours
6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
L4D, Crysis (low/med?), Unreal Tournament 3 (high), these are not as important tho
7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing, surfing the web, playing music, watching movies, Etc.)
movies, videos, lots of web pages/MS word at once, downloading
8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
120+
9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.
Ebay.com, or anywhere else.
10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
3 years
11_If you would like to mention some other things about purchasing your ideal laptop, post them.
I currently have a 17 inch gateway 7811fx, and it it's like 11 lbs so a bit too heavy to be lugging around since i walk to my classes the whole day. University Students.
12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
any brand that has good specs and fits the price seems nice.

I'm going to do a good amount of walking these next 3 years "uc davis" so i'm goina need something i can carry around, but i also have 3 brothers which like to play lan games when i get back so another gaming machine would be nice :). And if anyone else has a 14 inch or so laptop, if they could gimme some feedback as to whether or not it's too heavy to be carrying around all day. "8am-8pm"

So far i've considered the

13" asus f6ve 3dmark06 3,000 $1,200
14" asus n81vp-d1 3dmark06 6,000 $1,200
14" dell 14z 3dmark06 2,200 $600-800

any feedback/suggestions would be appreciated :)

Thanks