What is the best LCD tv out there for gaming?

snowmanboy2

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2008
What is the best LCD tv out there for gaming?

I'm looking for a tv that doesn't have motion blur and doesn't have input lag.

I will be playing games on all systems and it will be hooked up cpu to tv for watching movies and playing games.

Thanks - :p

snowmanboy2

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2008
Ohh very nice. I was reading about those LED tv's last night. Seems like they are the way to go for gaming, especially the OLED when it hits. I'm looking for a 40" LCD and i'm looking to spend around 1k.
Any LCD recommendations you could make?

snowmanboy2

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2008
Hey Viper, thanks again for the quick response. I was looking at that samsung earlier and it looks like a beauty. Some of the reviews just throw me off though. You hear one person say it's laggy and that they thought the 4ms response time should have taken care of that. Another says turn it from 120hz to 60hz and it will solve the problem, like you. And then I hear that 120hz tv's are better for gaming, kind of confusing :pt1cable:

If it should be set to 60hz for gaming, should I even bother buying a 120hz tv?

TheViper

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2006
Think of it this way. If you get a 120 Hz set and the lag isn't a problem for you (could just be that guys cable connection) then you get a killer TV for movies and games. If the lag during games is a problem, you can switch it to 60 Hz BUT you still have a 120 Hz TV for movies.

snowmanboy2

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2008
Good point Viper. I appreciate all your input, you've been a nice help. I'm prob going to end up going with that last sammy you linked. If I do, i'll be back and leave some feedback on it.

Thanks again,
snow