breatheasy9er

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
hi... i just bought my first hdtv and the satellite picture is terrible.. i believe im using coaxial cables? whatever came with the initial installation.

which connection method should i use for the best picture possible.... i cant afford an hdtv reciever

i have dish network if it matters?

any help would be greatly appreciated

Solution
Sorry, that was supposed to be TV which you listed anyway.

Looks like you're running an SD signal into an HD monitor. Not much you can do to clear up the image. The S-Video will give you a slightly crispier picture than the composite RCA jacks but you may not be able to tell the difference anyway with a 1080p monitor.

You either need to get an upscaler ($150) or the HD satellite receiver to really get a clear picture.

TheViper

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2006
Sorry, that was supposed to be TV which you listed anyway.

Looks like you're running an SD signal into an HD monitor. Not much you can do to clear up the image. The S-Video will give you a slightly crispier picture than the composite RCA jacks but you may not be able to tell the difference anyway with a 1080p monitor.

You either need to get an upscaler ($150) or the HD satellite receiver to really get a clear picture.

Solution

breatheasy9er

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
so its either $140 for 720p.... or an extra $17 dollars a month plus installation for 1080p... hmmm.

it looks like i might end up with a new receiver..haha

thanks a lot for the information... wouldnt have gotten it otherwise