Who makes westinghouse televisions

G

I am wondering what company makes tv's sold under the Westinghouse name? Does anyone know anything about them?

TechSavvy

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
Last time I looked them up, I think they produced their own? I am not sure. I believe that Best Buy's house brand Insignia are Westinghouse under the hood.

dean_60

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2010

I bought a samsumg monitor because I thought they were the best, but less than 2 years of less than average use it died on me. So while they have a decent reputation I wouldn't buy another one.

Foley618

Commendable
May 3, 2016
Westinghouse was affiliated with Toshiba for a while and one of their men is the CEO of the TV tech department. Westinghouse was the innovator of the, what is now known as the, 4K TV! Overall product reviews and durability are above par. Just simply holding onto a name that no longer holds the weight that it used to. Overall I think, a good buy.

I would second that opinion. For the money the TVs are good value and they respond to questions about parts, service, and repairs even on older models.
Chinese companies, wanting to sell direct in the US, tend to buy older brand names (Akai, Sansui, Emerson, etc). Just recently Sharp TV was taken over by Hisense including the factory in Mexico so even Japanese brand names have value.