No sound on S-Video only

svideo

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
I was watching a DVD movie from my Samsung BD-P2500 on my Samsung LCD LN46A6501F TV. I turned off the DVD player and switch the TV source from HDMI to S-Video. I notice the S-Video was missing Audio even though the S-Video source works. I tried to reset the Audio by turning the TV off and unplugging the power plug. I than removed all the connections except S-Video and reset the Audio under the setting menu. The troubleshooting section in the user manual does not have any information to correct the problem. I do have audio from all other sources and I downloaded the latest firmware but the TV already had the latest version (Module: T-Ambausc-2007.0). Any suggestions? Is there a way to reset my LCD-TV to the factory default setting? Does a TV have a BIOS?

silverron

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2009
Why in the world would you want to change from the HDMI connection? Go back to tune type if you want s-video. HDMI has both video & audio - It is pure 1080P with MTS Master audio and can be better than going to the movie theatre if you have excellent equipment. Hook up HDMI and forget anything else.