Loud computer speaker system..

camaross427

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
Hello, i am wondering, what is the loudest computer speaker system that can be bought for under $100? i am currently using 2 sets of speakers...a creative something with 2 speakers and 1 sub woofer and a logitech something with 2 speakers and a subwoofer of a cheap diamond radeon sound card.

It's loud, and actually sounds very good...but it's not loud enough...pretty much i want the speakers that make you think it's the apocalypse...i would like it to be clear sounding..but that's not my priority as i am listening to heavy metal and are more concerned about it being loud..

So any suggestions?
Thanks for any help!!

Remy

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
For $100 you're pretty much done before you start. If you want it loud you have to power the speaker. So pretty much you could buy a cheap 100x2 watt stero amp, like some off brand something (technics) or ebay($50 max), use a mini to rca adapter to connect sound card to amp, then find some junk 8 inch floor speakers on ebay maybe even local store, for the other $50. You will have loud. Whether it sounds good is another thing but you'll have the power to blow the speakers anyways. Plus you can use the Y splitter u already got and hook up one set of the speakers u already got, if the signal holds you might hook up another splitter and use the third set.