Tuner problem with Denon AVR789 Receiver

dennisqdw

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
I have a new Denon AVR789 Receiver. There currently are 2 hdmi inputs -satellite tv and a dvd deck, and one output to the tv. When I set the receiver to tuner in order to listen to the radio, the sound cuts in and out -it will sound for 2 seconds and then silent for 2 seconds and will alternate like this indefinitely. If I turn the tv set on this "fixes" the problem. I can then turn the tv set off, and the audio will remain correct. The Denon tech support has no ideas. Anyone out there have any? thanx.

Rob Shemmer

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
Did you resolve the problem cutting in and out? I currently am seeing the same thing with my system. Listen to tuner with tv off and sound cuts in and out then as soon as I turn TV on sound is fine. I have new Sharp LCD LED tv. What TV do you have?

dennisqdw

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
My tv is a samsung dlp. Someone suggested that it might have something to do with the hdmi cable connection, but I never had a chance to try alternatives (it's too hard to deal with the way everything is cabled within a cabinet). So now it's just easier to turn the tv on and then off again. I'm glad that I'm not the only person with this problem. If you do have a chance to try different cable connections and it works, please let me know.