Noise Cancelling Mic for gaming, while using main 5.1 speakers?

dannyaa

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2001
I'm looking for the best solution for a noise cancelling mic that I can use, while not having to wear headphones. I love my main 5.1 sound system, and while I have good comfortable headphones, it's not quite the same. I am wondering if there is a good noise cancelling mic that clips on to an ear that either does not have a speaker, or where the speaker is optional.

Basically I want to have loud ambient room noise, but still have the mic just pick up my voice (if strapped on the ear, my mouth would be right by the mic).

Any chance there's some sort of good solution for this?

uncle_ben

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2005
just get a noise canceling microphone, e.g. one from Logitech:
6461722_sa.jpg

dannyaa

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2001
yeah but if I have my speakers blasting won't that pick up easily? Wouldn't I need it to be closer to my mouth if it would have a chance of working?

dannyaa

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2001

?

Loserboy

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2011

I don't know if this question will even get to you...2 years after tha thread...but did you ever find a solution for this? I love gaming with my home theatre speakers cranked. I don't care what anyone says, I don't think you can get tha same experience with headphones, especially replicating bass...just can't be done. However, I would like to be able to communicate with my fellow L4D 2 players...especially when they don't seem to notice I'm being killed

Grayle

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2011
Necro bump ftw. If anyone comes here through Google on the look-out for a noise cancelling mic for use with speakers DO NOT buy the Logitech desktop mic. The sound quality is amazing, but it will pick up anything and everything, from typing, clicking, a car honking two blocks down. Speakers, ha, it'll gobble those sounds up and drown out your voice without a second thought.

I wish I could offer an alternative, but I still haven't found any sort of desktop mic that can be used with speakers, or indeed while gaming period (I use headphones, but can't use my Logitech usb mic because it likes to focus on keystrokes more than my voice). Maybe one of those fancy $500 mics can do this, but yeah right. Maybe if I win the lottery.

ebonmark

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
Get a camcorder mic like the OM12702 Olympus ME-12 Noise Cancelling Mic - superb quality sound recording and excellent noise cancelling.