Windows7 drivers for Dell Inspiron 6000

AnisioSP

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2009
Hi there,
Please does anyone know where I could get ALL WINDOWS 7 DRIVERS for my Dell Inspiron 6000 ? On the Dell site the only option is WinXP.
Tks a lot

bill77094

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
I'm looking for the same thing. With Win7 installed, ATI video drivers will not install, so the screen is using the windows PnP drivers and it will not show all of the screen's available size.

Since the Inspiron 6000 is around 3 years old, it is doubtful that Dell will support Win7 on this machine. What that means for you guys is that you need to find the drivers for the individual parts that Win7 couldn't install on it's own. For the VGA drive, go to ATI's website and see what they have. Same goes for the other devices you need.

edit: The Inspiron 6000 came with an ATI X1400 right? If that's the case, ATI is not supporting that card under Windows 7. Sorry guys.

http://support.amd.com/us/psearch/P...ws+7+Beta+-+32-Bit+Edition&keywords=&items=20

JessicaD

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
AnisioSP,

To ensure that your Dell Inspiron 6000 will be compatible with Windows 7, please go to the following link to download "Upgrade Advisor" directly from Microsoft: http://tinyurl.com/no4xb7

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team

Darkhog

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
I was skeptical after reading that much of the hardware for the Inspiron 6000 wasn't officially supported, so I went out and bought a fresh 250g drive for $80 at Best Buy and decided to try a fresh Windows 7 install. I figured if things didn't work I could put the stock 30gb drive back in.

My inspiron 6000 has 1gb of ram. The install for a new hard drive is pretty simple. Flip the machine over and look for the image of the cylinder typical of a hard disk icon. There are two screws on the bottom, then the hard disk slides out. Two more screws on the side and an adapter on the end. Took me only a few minutes to upgrade the drive.

Surprisingly everything just worked with the stock Win7 install + updates. Even the wireless works just fine, though I connected it wired first to install updates. The machine is pretty snappy, and the video score is a 1.0. There may be a way to make things slightly faster by finding other drivers, but I'm happy.

CaptainJRN

Honorable
May 22, 2012
I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 and I installed windows 7 on it! That Video Driver is actually...
A ATI Radeon X300! I have al my drivers working... The Ati Video Driver comes in one of the windows 7 updates! So Just look in the important Windows 7 Updates!!!

Hi :)

The 6000 series is OLD...and I dont mean 3 years (think XP old).... we sometimes sell them as reconditioned in my shops...

You CANNOT get all the drivers for 7...the video driver is almost impossible...it also depends on which graphics chip was installed....there are several different chips in both the 6000 and 6400 series....

As someone said... the video will give you a WEI of 1.... so low resolution and no gaming...

All the best Brett :)