New Video Card is sending crackling through my speakers

rofflemywafflez

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2008
Hello everyone!

Hopefully I'm in the right forum, if not then please transfer me.

I just installed a EVGA GTX 260 216 superclocked into my rig and I'm getting a lot of crackling coming through my speakers now.

My system specs are as follows.

Vista Ultimate 64 bit

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R
Intel Quad Q6600 (clocked at 3.4ghz)
4 gigs of G-Skill DDR2 1000mhz
(The New Video Card... I was using a EVGA 8800GT Akimbo before with no problems)
Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
750 Watt Zalman PSU
NZXT Tempest Case

Al of my drivers are updated. Turning the volume up and down through Creative Control Panel or through the speakers doesn't make the static go up and down. I hear A LOT of crackle when I'm web browsing, and minimum when I'm playing games.

My speakers are Boston Acoustic... I'm not quite sure of the model number but they are 2.1. Haven't had any problems with them before... they are connected through analog, not digital.

I should also note that the GTX 260 uses 2 6 pins and my Power Supply is modular.... so I just plugged in an 8pin into the PSU that splits into an 8 (6+2 pin)... the other 2 pins are just hanging out right next to where the 6 pins went into the video card. My sound card and my video card are about an inch apart.

Boy I hope I can get this to go away! :eek:

I appreciate all the help I can get!

rgsgww

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
Right click my computer,go to properties,then performance,advanced tools, view advanced system details in system information,click the box "hardware resources",select conflicts/sharing, Find your graphics or sound cards, what irq are they sharing (if any)

Most likely an irq issue, could just be the annoying x-fi.

BlueBellKnoll

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
Hi There,
I'm having a similar issue with crackling with my Altec Lansing speakers and my new Dell Computer with Vista.
What am I looking for in the IRQ's?
Thanks,
Nicholas