Front Panel Audio Pins Mismatched?

stickfigs

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
I'm trying to hook up my case's front panel audio inputs but it seems like pin assignments for my motherboard and case are mismatched and the pins aren't separate it's just one rectangular plug with 9 holes.

My motherboard is a GA-P35-DS3L by Gigabyte and my case is a Sonata III 500 by Antec.

Here's my motherboard pin assignments for HDA:

1. MIC2_L
2. GND
3. MIC2_R
4. -ACZ_DET
5. LINE2_R
6. FSENSE1
7. FAUDIO_JD
8. No Pin
9. LINE2_L
10. FSENSE2

And the case's assignments:

1. MIC2 L
2. AGND
3. MIC2 R
4. AVCC
5. FRO-R
6. MIC2_JD
7. F_IO_SEN
8. Key (no pin)
9. FRO-L
10. LINE2_JD

I don't know what to do since they don't match up and the plug doesn't look like it comes apart or anything and I don't want to just plug it in to try it since I don't know if I'll ruin my motherboard or not.

stickfigs

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
Ok after a lot of Googling I still can't find out what the pin assignment terms mean and if they're the same or not.

Right now these are the pins that I am unsure of, motherboard assignment on left, case assignment on right:

-ACZ_DET <--> AVCC
LINE2_R <--> FRO-R
FSENSE1 <--> MIC2_JD
FAUDIO_JD <--> F_IO_SEN
LINE2_L <--> FRO-L
FSENSE2 <--> LINE2_JD

Neither the case or the motherboard's manuals even try to enlighten me on the function of each pin.

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Most Molex connector has a way to extract the pins; Audio and USBs alike.

Take some photos of your connectors and label each side for orientation purpose and see if it's possible to extract the pins.

Another option is to cut the wires that do not corresponds and rewire it to the proper terminal.

stickfigs

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008

For all I know they could already all match up, the problem is I don't know what the wire descriptions mean (besides the ones who's descriptions are identical between the case and mobo) and both products use their own terminology for each pin assignment.