Logitech Z-5500 please help me

gopala33

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2008
hi
i have Logitech Z-5500 i have problem about subwoofer placement
i did valume 50% and subwoofer 100% max and souround 30% center 20%
when i sith my chair i see sound bass and loud is low to bad
when i go outside stand i see sound bass and loud is normail abit to good so i want high bass and loud great
u see my picture about subwoofer i placement so u can read i said
here picture

next picture here link http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc0001445vy7.jpg

so Please Help me

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Try raising the Sub 2 to 3 feet off the ground and point the driver facing that red plastic stool or facing it the other way. Use thick book at the base of the Sub to eliminate as much sound vibration on the speaker stand.

Then turn the sub volume lower and then turn the main volume up. Adjust the sub volume to level where there's not much reverberation.

gopala33

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2008
i use valume level up 50% and 70% so subwoofer level 100% max already i did try 2 feet and 3feet still bad sound bass and loud is lower
why big problem i want bass and loud high so
i did take out red plastic stool already cleaned i did try 3feet stil same bad sound what i do please explan for me step

cjl

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
You have the sub turned all the way up, and it isn't enough for you? Wow...

Try putting it in a corner, with the driver facing out along one wall, and the port facing out along the other wall.

gopala33

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2008
i did subwoofer level max 100% already valume 50% and 60%
so no other wall no corner very hard that so please help me

gopala33

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2008
my subwoofer is fine no problem so i sith floor subwoofer i hear subwoofer cycle driver i see bass very high very clear but most problem to placement so i go outside i stand sound good bass normail abit so i want high bass and loud why have problem for me placement

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
gopala33, which outside you're reffering to? Outside your house?

I see a counter at that room you had your SUB, why won't you put it on the top?

One thing you need to know about that Sub. It produce a boom sound and not a thump! you're maybe looking for a thump and not a boom. And you can't put that Sub on the floor in that room.

You should need to learn more about how sound radiate and thier properties on how it works. It's not easy to explain to you why it can't be in that place where it is now.

gopala33

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2008
rexter u see counter that room is office
i outside stand u can see pic http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc0001445vy7.jpg
so sound is good bass normail abit to boom sound
when i sith my chair like table computer so sound bass boom is low to bad
u said my subwoofer why won't you put it on the top?
what to put top the subwoofer
u check my picture then you can saved my pic so you can make my picture edit to explant to write to placement subwoofer

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
My suggestion still the same from my first post, otherwise move the sub into a wider room where it's away from any wall except the back.

Please try other post if my suggestion did not work.

I can see from your placement that the sub may sound hollow, it’s because Number 1 it's facing that counter, Number two is the driver is too close to the counter. Number 3 walls are too close together to put that sub is.

If here's no other way and the sub has to be in that room then find a way to get the sub facing upward. Try other option in placing it as your preference differs from mine.

Please try all the suggestion and post back and tell us what you did and didn't do.

gopala33

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2008
rexter i want chating u online
do u have Yahoo Messenger and Windows Live and skype
so please give me u id so pm me

gopala33

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2008
rexter
ohh i see i need try to put chear to stand facing
i know cannot put becouse u see back pic like wired
i dont use make equalizer i dont like lol
how about it why u said 150mhz and up it no need z-5500 is good that no problem but very hard problem placement
so rexter why u no give me id to chat online ??

cjl

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008

150MHz is kind of high for a woofer. It's only about 3,000 times higher than my tweeter can go (50kHz). ;)

On a slightly more realistic note, even though the logitechs aren't great at everything, they should be fine in that range, so that shouldn't be the problem. Also, try using rexter's suggestion, but with the cone facing forward, and the port facing up.

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Anything else I can’t assist you barring you tell us what’s been attempted.

As point out earlier, that your cubicle is not the best place to place the subwoofer the way it is. The sound bounces to the wall creating reverberation (DISTORTED).

What I think you need is a woofer that’ll do 150Hz-500Hz with 100 – 250 watts or more if you want it louder which the Z5500 is lacking, Or have someone to take a look at your place LETIRALY and assist you. Because I can’t imagine how loud that Z5500 sub you want it to be?