soundcard creative soundblaster 24bit

boomer7

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2008
i just build an system with an e8400 . from my old pc i took out the soundblaster live 24bit. installed it and runs ok. i notice one thing, its little sluggish whenever playing songs. it cuts little bit or distort . i dont know how to explain though very well. but does any 1 know what it could be? in the old pc, didn't have a problem

boomer7

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2008

i changed this from 48khz to 96 and 16bits to 24bits right now, now it doesnt do it. was this the problem?

harmony690

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
first of all, again i am asking do you want sound for PLAYING GAMES AND LISTEN MP3, GENERAL STUFF (MOVIES, MP3), OR DO YOU WANT RECORDING STUFF(RECORD GUITARS, MICING YOUR INSTRUMENTS,. VOCAL)??

i had soundblaster live, who doesn't.,. the Creative Labs are strictly oriented audio company for gaming, playing games,... if you use DAW recording with host sequencer, than go with parent company of Creative Labs and lot better one,... EMU systems,.. these cards are very cheap and they are high quality, i have one,.. they have good AD/DA converters 192khz support,.. and are crystal clear and very powerfull and the drivers are very rock stable for Emu Digital soundcards systems,...

if you want to buy proffesional card, what is your budfet?? then go with one and only and the best interface there money can buy for 900 euro rang,.. this is called german manufacturer RME, RME fireface 400 (my friend have it) is the best firewire interface for pros there,.. the sound is amazing and the drivers support is the best outthere, likewise the tech support guys are pros,musicians themselves, these are very high end quality cards off course for advanced users and proffesionals who need the power and stability of audio interfaces,...

for games,.. go for EMU, Creative Audigy or Maudio Audiophile